Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

4.25.2009

Vanessa & Kevin - Antrim 1844, Taneytown

Ceremony: St. John Roman Catholic Church
Reception: Antrim 1844
Coordinator: Keith Jagdhuber, Antrim 1844
Bouquets and reception flowers: Matt Aspey

I am still in awe of Vanessa and Kevin's wedding day. There was enough beauty, laughter, tears, and fun to last a lifetime. The bride looked stunning in her Lazaro gown and the groom was all smiles all day long. As a couple, Vanessa and Kevin have an energy that just draws you to them. It was that energy that wowed me at our very first meeting many many months ago. I knew that I wanted to be there to capture that feeling on their wedding day! And as it turned out, their day only exceeded my expectations. There were so many great little moments that made me thrilled to be a wedding photojournalist. To Vanessa and Kevin -- thank you so much for having me be a part of your day! You two are amazing and I wish you all the best!






I couldn't get enough of the buttons down the back of Vanessa's gown - so lovely!



While there were many other shots of Vanessa and her father walking down the aisle, I just loved the sunlight streaming in through the back of the church in this one!

Check out the change in Kevin's expression as he catches his first glimpse of Vanessa.




Their reactions after the vows were said and the rings exchanged were absolutely great. Kevin smiles to himself and Vanessa smiles out at her family. I love it!


Married! And the first of many great fist-pumps by Vanessa during the day.

They had such a fun (and large) bridal party. I wasn't sure we were going to fit them all up there!

That kiss is for Kevin, in case you were wondering.




Vanessa rocked her gown.






Vanessa's father gave such a heartfelt toast to the newleyweds.

This image is the perfect example of what I love about Kevin and Vanessa. During her father's speech, Vanessa began to tear up and Kevin gave her a little wink. So sweet!

And another fist-pump, this one with tears in her eyes.

Vanessa's family really knows how to dance! The father-daughter dance was so much fun!

Kevin's dance with his mom was just so touching.


And the party began!

Even their flower-girl got into it!


Check out Kevin's expression -- priceless!


No comments: