Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

5.20.2009

Sarah & Nick - Engaged!

I'm always telling couples to just have fun at their engagement session. When you're having fun (even if you feel a little silly at times), it becomes so easy to get great images. These recent images from Sarah and Nick's session in Old Town Alexandria really prove the point. As a matter of fact, there were times I remember thinking that they were actually having TOO much fun! I know, how can anyone have too much fun at an engagement session? Well, you know you're getting there when your photographer can barely shoot because she's laughing so hard! Sarah and Nick are just....well...really fun! Even the intermittent rain couldn't bring down their spirits. I know their wedding this December will be a blast!




Sarah has the most amazing eyes!




Love the shoes...too cute!


Nick has a great sense of humor...I have quite a few images with this type of scene!







A little unexpected dip at the end of the pier...love it!


1 comment:

Kristi said...

The one in the trees is my favorite. Where exactly was it taken? Awesome work!