Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

6.11.2009

Johanna & Curtis - Engaged!

When Johanna and Curtis showed up dressed to the nines for their recent engagement session in Old Town Alexandria, I have to admit that my first thought was, "Wow, what a cute dress she's wearing!" That was followed quickly by my second thought, "Uh-oh, what if they don't want to risk getting a little dirty?" I love photographing my couples in a variety of locations, and yes, usually pavement, grass, and dirt become involved. Lucky for me, Johanna and Curtis had no such reservations! Their Capitol Hill wedding is coming up this October and I can't wait to photograph them again!






We found this incredibly tiny bench and I had to have them sit for a shot. It was literally just one shot because we didn't want the little antique bench to give out!





Love this series. And I can't help but wonder what Curtis whispered to her...





And lastly, my favorite image from their session. It just radiates with emotion.

1 comment:

Cousins Photography said...

Beautiful images - wonderful processing too!!