Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

7.03.2009

Ann & Roger - Historical Society of Washington, DC - Part I

Ceremony: Capitol Hill United Methodist Church
Reception: The Historical Society of Washington D.C.
Flowers: Greenworks
Catering: Capitol Catering

Ann and Roger had a gorgeous (and hot!) day in June for their beautiful Capitol Hill wedding. I'm actually going to split their post into two parts because there were just so many beautiful details and great moments that I want to share. This first post will include the getting ready, ceremony and some artistic portraits. I'm saving the entire second part of their post for the reception because it was simply stunning! I felt truly lucky to be a part of their day. It was almost difficult to take a photo of Ann when she wasn't smiling! The energy and connection between Ann and Roger was ever present and came across effortlessly in their images. Here are some of my favorite images from part one of their day...


Ann gave each of her bridesmaids a lovely bracelet as a gift while they were getting ready.



Tears of joy were already flowing as Ann walked up the aisle to Roger.

Love this! Ann accidentally tried to place her ring on Roger's finger and had everyone laughing out loud.



This is definitely one of my favorite images from their day!



Stay tuned for more images from Ann and Roger's gorgeous reception at the Historical Society...

No comments: