Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

9.01.2009

Amanda & Daniel - Morningside Inn

Ceremony: St. Peter the Apostle
Reception: Morningside Inn
Wedding Gown: Carolina Herrara

Amanda and Daniel had a simply spectacular wedding day! I joined the wonderful (and very pregnant!) Jocelyn Mathewes for this countryside Maryland wedding. And I have to say that the Morningside Inn was just the perfect spot for photographs! We went outside as the sun was setting to capture some artistic portraits of Amanda and Daniel. There wasn't a bad location to be found! The rolling green hills, sparkling pond, and split-rail fence all came together to create quite a beautiful scene. Here are few of my favorites from their day...



Some pre-ceremony goofing around.

Amanda had a handkerchief that belonged to her recently passed grandmother wrapped around her bouquet. I love this on so many levels.


As they exited the church, they snuck another kiss as husband and wife just as the sun peaked out from behind a cloud and created the most beautiful light.







I love photographing the bride and groom's reaction to the toasts!

Such a great expression as they cut the cake!


Flip-flops were provided for when the dancing got going...

And get going it did!



No comments: