Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

11.30.2009

Ioli & Patrick - Halcyon House

Ceremony: St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral
Reception: Halcyon House, Georgetown
Reception flowers: Greenworks

Admittedly, I have to say that I've been neglecting my blog for these last couple of weeks. But all that is about to change, so get ready for a bunch of posts this week and next! Ioli and Patrick's amazing Halloween wedding is a great one to get started back on! From the very moment I met Ioli and Patrick, I was beyond excited to shoot their wedding. They have this nonchalant demeanor combined with a simply mad love for one another. And that combination made for a spectacular day that was totally fitting of them, with a little bit of random Halloween fun thrown in. We started the day at the gorgeous St. Sophia Cathedral with its high-domed ceiling and amazing gold colors. This was my first Greek Orthodox wedding, and I can say that I also certainly hope it won't be my last! The unique traditions were beautiful and so much fun to photograph! From there, the night continued at historic Halcyon House in Georgetown, which quickly became another of my favorite DC venues. Thank you both again for having me there for all the crazy fun!


This may be the fastest set of portraits I've ever taken. We ran around the side of the Cathedral for 5 minutes before the ceremony and found a couple of great spots!












Love this unique centerpiece!

Blogging three images of the first dance may be a little overkill, but there were actually so many fantastic moments that I could have added several more!




Patrick's dance with his mother was incredibly touching.

Okay, this woman may think I am a bit of a nut because I was totally obsessed with her great spider hat! So perfect for a Halloween wedding!!



I love this series of Ioli looking on at Patrick giving his speech!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Perfect! Stunning images as always!
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelsey, love looking at these and reliving the moment(s)
you are phenomenal!