Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

1.15.2010

Qiao & Chris

Ceremony: St. Columba Catholic Church
Reception: China Garden
Hair and Make-up: Romance Wedding Service

I've been traveling and as much fun as it's been to get away, I am sooooo glad to be back! I've been away from my blog for too long! But I'm excited to kick off the new year with Qiao and Chris' beautiful December wedding. These two are photographers themselves, so I'm sure they are really looking forward to this blog post! What a crazy and exciting day they had! This was the first of many snowstorms that we have gotten this winter, so we moved our portrait time inside the awesome Hotel Palomar in Arlington. That's also where we started the day with Qiao and her bridesmaids getting ready. Let's start with Qiao's fantastic shoes (both pairs)...love these!





This could be my favorite image of the day that I captured as Qiao inspected her dress. Gorgeous!





I love this little smile on Chris' face as he says his vows.

The bridal party did a group high-five in celebration after the ceremony!









Qiao's eyes just pooled with tears listening to her maid of honor speak.

Time for the money dance!


I laugh out loud everytime I see this image...love it!


4 comments:

Kristi said...

Great job! I love these!

Qiao Chang said...

The photos are lovely! I loveeee it! Thanks Kelsey!

Life.Art.MidnightSnacks. said...

kelsey these are insanely beautiful!!! love love love!! ps- this is astrid!

Natalie Franke said...

Amazing images! Such a beautiful wedding!