Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

3.06.2010

Jessica & Heath - Key Bridge Marriott

Ceremony: Clarendon United Methodist Church
Reception: Key Bridge Marriott
DJ: Kirk with Kirkabees

Jessica and Heath's wedding was a fantastic way to start off the year! You may remember them from their engagement session this past fall. We lucked out and had a gorgeous February day (no new snow!) for their wedding. These two are a ton of fun, laid-back, and very cool. I even learned that Jess owns a Harley. (Now if I can just convince her to rock it out for a trash-the-dress session on her bike!) We started the day at the Key Bridge Marriott where Jess and her girls got ready. And yes, their are a lot of getting-ready images. I just couldn't help myself...there were way too many that I loved! These two should be getting back from their honeymoon in Antigua right about now. So, congratulations again! I hope you had a wonderful trip!






Two of my favorite images of Jess.


And the men looking very dapper.





Love the grin on Heath's face!




We had about one minute flat of this gorgeous light before the limo whisked them away to their reception. But I sure had a blast with the light for that one minute!







Great reaction to her maid-of-honor's toast!

And then it was time to dance!



We ended the night with a few more images in front of this great blue wall. Love that wall.

3 comments:

. said...

WHOOT! I LOVE your shoe shots... among other things!!! great blue wall and I love the shot in front of the wooden door! So, awesome love!!

Kristi said...

Beautiful pictures! Great combination of emotions and rocking portraits (oh and killer detail shots). You are awesome!

Unknown said...

Every single one of these shots is awesome. I love 'em!!