Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

5.24.2010

Jennifer & Aaron | VA wedding photography

Ceremony: Sydenstricker United Methodist Church
Reception: Waterford at Springfield
Flowers: Lake Ridge Florist
DJ: DZ Entertainment - Mike Takacs

When I got to know Jen and Aaron during their engagement session last Fall, it was so easy to see how sweet these two are together and how their personalities just compliment and bring out the absolute best in one other. And I have been looking forward to their wedding ever since! It was an unseasonably hot day in May (90 degrees!) and we started with a few shots as Jen got dressed at the church. The emotions ran as high as the temperature and it was a fun day filled with a lot of tears, joy, and laughter. Congrats again to you both! I hope you had an amazing honeymoon and are back to enjoy the preview of your images!



As Jen walked across the street to hide out before Aaron arrived, she shouted, "We're getting married!!!" I love the simple joy of this image.

Jen fighting tears as she walks down the aisle.

The love and emotion were just written all over Aaron's face.


Love this one!



We didn't have long for portraits, but luckily there was this great old school house across the street.


And the vintage Rolls-Royce that they rented for the day also made a great backdrop for some images.














This departing shot is one of my absolute favorites from the night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the fabulous schoolhouse portraits!! Great job on this wedding :)