Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

6.11.2010

Emily & Andrew - Engaged!

I had such a great time with Emily and Andrew a couple of weeks ago when we walked around the Mall for their engagement session! The day was calling for thunderstorms, so we planned to do half of the session outside in the Smithsonian Gardens before the rain started and then go inside the National Gallery of Art for the second half of their session. I don't usually photograph in two such different places during an engagement session, but I love how it turned out! Each of the two parts of the day have a dramatically different feel to them. These two will be getting married on Emily's family farm in August and I cannot wait to photograph their wedding! Thank you both for such a fun afternoon! Enjoy!

And when I say it was fun, here's proof...this was the VERY first shot of the day!


I can't decide which of the next two wins out for my favorite, so I'm showing both. LOVE these!






These next three make a great series...so much that I think that's exactly what I'll do for a page in their guestbook!



I could have photographed at this wall for hours!


We spent a lot of time in the tunnel between the East and West wing waiting for the lights to twinkle just right. It was definitely worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelsey, These turned out so nicely! Can't wait to see how all the fabulous wedding shots come out in August!

Anne