Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

5.15.2011

Spring in brief | Washington, DC wedding and engagement photography

I LOVE Spring.  I especially love THIS Spring. Cherry blossom crowds and thunderstorms aside, this time of year just rocks.  And mother nature decided to actually give us a real Spring in the DC area this year!  I'm loving the 70 degree days and flowers galore.  Before coming to the DC area, I swear I'd never seen so many flowering trees.  Major bonus for a wedding photographer.  So, I just wanted to give you a sneak peek at what's been going on for us so far this Spring.
    
Liz & Andy's playful cherry blossom session in DC.

Sharon & Su's elegant March wedding at the Ritz-Carlton in Tysons.

Kate & Josh's fantastic and oh-so-spring wedding at the Cosmos Club.

Sara & Nelson's windy and fun engagement session in Old Town Alexandria.

Katie & JP's beautiful wedding at International Country Club.

Amy & John's sweet and sassy e-session in Montrose Park and Georgetown.

Jenn & Brent's fun and colorful e-session in Georgetown.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE them, Kelsey!! :) What a way to brighten an otherwise blah Monday than to see this post!