Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

1.06.2009

Nauman & Aadila - Walima

I had one last day to enjoy photographing Nauman and Aadila's wedding celebrations, and you can bet I was going to do my best to capture some final great images for them. Lucky for me, their Walima was filled with amazing colors, loving family, and a very happy couple to top things off! The newlyweds simply radiated joy as their family and friends toasted to their happiness and new life together. I know I've said this before, but my sincerest thanks to Aadila and Nauman for trusting me to capture these important days for them! It was such a pleasure to get to know you both and watch the progression of your marriage celebration! Best wishes to you always!












Looking back through my images of Aadila, I've noticed quite a few where I focused in on her eyes. But seriously, with these stellar eyelashes, how could I not?!?!

Absolutely stunning.













Having restrained themselves the night before, a little goofing around with the cake was inevitable. But really, when presented with a second cake-cutting, who could've resisted?!?!


Guys will be guys! Between posed formal shots, Nauman's friends indulged in a little good-natured fun. I just get such a kick out of his expression in this one!

No comments: