Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

1.04.2009

Aadila & Nauman - Wedding at the Harbor Court Intercontinental, Baltimore

Ceremony and Reception: Harbor Court Intercontinental
Dress: Blueberries Bridal

Okay, get ready for a lot of photos! Aadila and Nauman's wedding was so filled with beautiful and touching moments (not to mention a lot of fun and laughter!) that it was just too difficult to narrow down their images.  Thank you both again for inviting me to be a part of everything!















When I am first going through the images that I've captured at a wedding, there are usually a few that just stop me in my tracks. Maybe it's lighting, maybe the angle, but then sometimes it's as simple as the expressions. As Nauman said his vows, he and Aadila locked eyes and it was so amazing to see the power and sincerity of their love for one another. Wow. Just wow.

Married! Check out that grin!






Under the guise of taking a photo with all the girls, Nauman was cornered and his shoes were wrestled away. He did put up a good fight though!


Lucky for him, his best man came prepared with an extra pair. Now that's a true best man!

As a surprise, Nauman had Aadila's name put on the palm of his hand. I love it!

No comments: