Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

3.19.2009

Arielle & Doug - Alexandria, VA

Ceremony and reception: George Washington Masonic Memorial
Flowers: Petal's Edge

Arielle and Doug were such an amazing couple to work with on so many levels. They scheduled in a lot of time for photography (every photographer's dream!) and were up for anything! As if that wasn't enough to make my day, Arielle's smiles were absolutely contagious and it was so easy to see how much she and Doug care for one another. We started off in Old Town Alexandria at the Hotel Monaco, where the bride and groom got ready and then headed out for some fun shots around Old Town. I had such a fabulous time with them (not to mention their great bridal party and fun families), that the night seemed to fly by in the click of a shutter. Congratulations to you both and thank you for having me there to capture your day!


The sun streaming in through the lace on Arielle's dress absolutely captivated me.
















It was so much fun to see how excited Doug's mom was during the ceremony!

As a special treat, the newleyweds were invited up to see the view of Alexandria from the top of the Memorial. So cool!




The GW Memorial had this great theatre that I just had to pull them into for a few romantic shots.



No comments: