Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

3.01.2009

Tina & Larry - Cosmos Club, DC

Ceremony: National Presbyterian Church
Reception: Cosmos Club
Flowers: Greenworks
Band: Who's Ya Daddie

Wow is all I have to say about Tina and Larry's wedding. Everything was picture perfect, from the bride in her custom designed lace gown to the 50 degree day we were so lucky to get in February. One of my absolute favorite things about being a wedding photographer is that I consistently get to witness the love between not only couples, but families as well. And there was defintely no shortage of love to go around on Tina and Larry's day. I could have photographed them all day! Actually, I guess that's exactly what I did. :) Thank you both and congratulations!!!






Tina made an absolutely beautiful and timeless bride!





Check out the ceiling of the church...so cool!












Tina's father's speech was so touching. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room!



This is without a doubt my favorite image from the day. Tina's parents dancing close while the newlyweds just radiate happiness behind them. I love it!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! i love the Cosmo club! Everything is so elegant there, my cousin is the F&B director!

Great shots!