Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

9.18.2009

Mia & Chris - Hollin Hall

Ceremony and Reception: Hollin Hall
Flowers: Carly Johnson
Wedding Coordinator: Michael Williams

You may remember Mia and Chris from their enagagement session earlier this year. I have been looking forward to their wedding for months! They were married in the beautiful outdoor garden at Hollin Hall in Alexandria. I know I'm about to post way too many images, but I've given up trying to narrow down their images any further than I already have. Everything was gorgeous and there were so many little details that I wanted to share, like the stunning flowers and Mia's fantastic orange shoes. But what made it the hardest to narrow down the images for this post were the amazing emotions present throughout the day. Whenever Mia and Chris were within two feet of each other, they just glowed with emotion. There were falling tears and laughter all within seconds of each other. I absolutely loved being there to capture it all!






The next four images were all taken within a minute of each other during Mia and Chris' first-look. The range of emotions was so touching!






All of Mia's bridesmaids wore different red shoes...too cute!






I think this might be my very favorite image of the day. I love how Mia glances over to see the huge grin on her father's face!


Their ceremony was very personal and the tears started flowing almost immeditely.

I love this image of both of them wiping their eyes.





These were the reactions immediately after they walked out of the ceremony area. Love it!!!


The outdoor bar area was lit only with twinkly-lights and candles. So romantic!

The celebration moved into the manor home for the first dance and dinner.


I'm curious as to what Chris must have said to Mia to get this great response.

And the father-daughter dance brought back that same great grin we saw during the ceremony!



I'll end with some more of their fantastic details. Love these!

2 comments:

Amber Karson said...

Stunning pictures!

Unknown said...

Beautiful images!!