Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

10.03.2009

Megan & Dan - Daughters of the American Revolution, DC - Part I

Ceremony: Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church
Reception: Daughters of the American Revolution
Hair and Make-up: Bridal Artistry
Flowers: Lake Ridge Florist

I've been thinking about what I should write for Megan and Dan's wedding post for a couple of weeks now. And I still haven't figured out what to talk about first. The gorgeous bride, the amazing venue, the oh-so fun birdcage veil that I am a wee-bit obsessed with, the delicious food, or the wonderful party that was shared by young and old alike. Needless to say, it was a spectacular day and a spectacular wedding! I've literally been trying to narrow down the images for this post for days now, but there are just way too many that I love. To resolve this little issue, I'm splitting Megan and Dan's post into two parts. This part will take you through the getting-ready, Megan and Dan's first-look, and artistic portraits. Yes...they saw each other before the ceremony, and we all know how happy that makes me! We got some amazing shots roaming around the gardens behind the Smithsonian Castle and doing our best to dodge the many garden visitors. The second part of Megan and Dan's day, including their reception at the gorgeous DAR headquarters, will be coming soon...so please check back!




This image makes me laugh each time I see it. I love how amused Megan looks as she gets tended to from all sides!



Stunning! Megan is such a classic beauty!


The next three images are from Megan and Dan's first-look. I love this series!













5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Kelsey,

The photos are lovely! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Julie Rossi

Anonymous said...

Kelsey,
These photos are absolutely incredible...you are so GOOD!
KVS

Kristi said...

Great pictures as always! LOVE them!

The Untraditional Wife said...

Those photos are amazing and they are like the ones in all of the bridal magazines! The bride is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Sooo pretty!