Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

10.06.2009

Megan & Dan - Daughters of the American Revolution - Part II

Ceremony: Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church
Reception: Daughters of the American Revolution
Catering: Windows

I'm so excited to share Part II of Megan and Dan's wedding day! If you haven't seen Part I yet, check it out here first. After we finished up portraits in the gardens behind the Smithsonian, we headed to the the Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church in DC for their ceremony. I love this church! It managed to be somehow both grand and intimate at the same time. Then it was off to the headquarters of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) for the reception. This was my first time shooting at the DAR, and I can tell you that it has quickly jumped to the top of my list of favorite venues in DC! The Washington Monument and the stunning columns of the DAR building made for absolutely gorgeous and interesting images. And Megan and Dan's guest had a blast dancing under the outdoor portico all night! It was such a joy to be there and witness this celebration of Megan and Dan's marriage! Thank you both again for having me there to capture your day!
















I love all of the different things going on in this image! Dan's best man is giving his speech in the background while Megan and Dan smile at each other, and one of Megan's bridesmaids smiles as she looks on at the newlywed couple.

Megan and Dan had a cupcake tower in place of a traditional cake. These cupcakes smelled SO delicious that they had my mouth watering everytime I got near enough to take an image!





What a gorgeous place to party!




3 comments:

Natalie Franke said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I love 'em :)

Unknown said...

Kelsey--thank you for capturing our wedding so beautifully! You've made me feel like a movie star, and really caught how we felt that day--simply happy! I can't wait to see the rest...