Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

10.12.2009

Beth & Matt - Keswick, VA

Ceremony and Reception: Private home
Hair and Make-up: Face Value Studio
Wedding Coordinator: Jennifer Hamlin, Events with Panache
Band: 10 Spot

Beth and Matt were married on one of the most gorgeous September days that I have ever seen. Usually, I am able to do a walkthrough of a wedding site before I actually arrive on the wedding day. But since Beth and Matt were married at her parents' home down near Charlottesville, my first glimpse was as I pulled into the driveway just hours before their ceremony. All I could say was wow...what a beautiful place to get married! The home sits back from the road and is surrounded by fields of green horse pastures interrupted only by criss-crossing black split-rail fences. I knew immediately that it was going to be a great day. And it only got better as Beth and Matt said their vows on the front steps of the house surrounded by friends and family. It was such a relaxed and fun day as evidenced by their vows, which included Beth promising to let Matt watch plenty of football! Love it! Thank you both for such a fun day and congratulations again!



Beth has such beautiful green eyes!

I don't usually have multiple mirror shots to post, but I just love this second one of Beth's sister looking on as Beth gets ready.

The Jenny Lee gown Beth selected was absolutely perfect for her. It was clean, elegant, and fit her beautifully!










I loved the black split-rail fence, so you're getting a few images from this series...






And as night fell, the party really got going! The band had everyone, and I mean everyone, out of their seats and onto the dance floor.





These next two images are of the donut truck. Being up in the DC area for most of my weddings, I had never heard of Carpe Donut. Man, are we missing out up here! The guests LOVED the homemade donuts and hot cider. What a great idea for a wedding!

So delicious!

Check out the details. I love the little blue lanterns that were hanging from the trees!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Kelsey, once again, beautiful pictures!