Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

10.16.2009

Erin & Randy - Westin, Old Town

Ceremony: Dahlgren Chapel, Georgetown
Reception: The Westin, Old Town Alexandria
Flowers: Petal's Edge
Wedding Coordinator: Myra Lewis, Exceeding Expectations

After I come home from photographing a wedding, there are always things that keep replaying through my mind about the day. For Erin and Randy, I can say without a doubt that one of the things I remember most is the way that Erin just gets Randy's sense of humor. There were other things, of course, like the beautiful Fall colors of the flowers and the running away from the chapel doors during portrait-time (I'll explain that later, I promise)! All in all, it was a very fun day for this photographer and a beautifully touching day for Erin and Randy and all the people that have obviously shared so much of their lives.  Anyway, on to the images...and congrats to you both!




Their flower-girl was too cute for words (which is why I'm a photographer!)...

I love Erin's rings! So unique!

These next two images are for Erin. During our final consultation before the wedding, she told me that one thing that was really important to her were images of her ring-bearer and flower-girl coming down the aisle since she was going to be outside and unable to see them. I wanted to make sure she got to see the images right away...these two were as cute as they could be!

Their ring-bearer made it down the aisle in a flash, but the flower-girl took her time making sure those petals were put down ever so perfectly!






Definitely one of my favorites from the day!



There was another ceremony that followed Erin and Randy's, so we had to move out of the Dahlgren quad pretty quickly afterward. But as I saw the sun going down, I knew I needed a shot of them on that chapel step, so we snuck back into the quad for a moment. I'm so glad we did because we had time for one great shot before the chapel doors started to open and the next group came out!



This is so sweet! It was right after the cake-cutting and the crowd had started to clear out. I love how they look totally lost in their own world, even if just for a moment.

Great Fall colors!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great pics! I love the one on the steps of the church! Perfect composition :)

Petal's Edge said...

Fab pics! So great to have a chance to work with you and see your beautiful pics again! - Gerry @ Petal's Edge