Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

10.29.2009

Julia & Johnny - Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg

Ceremony: St. Thomas a Becket Catholic Church
Reception: Lansdowne Resort
Flowers: Faith Vosburgh

I'm always at a loss at what to start writing about for a wedding blog post. There are so many things that swim around in my head about every couple and the many fun, sweet, cool, crazy, etc. things that happened during their day. But, there's a reason why I'm a photographer and not a writer. Basically...well...because I am not a great author. Far from it to be honest. For me, things are better said through images than words. So, I'm going to attempt to give you an idea of what thrilled me about Julia and Johnny's gorgeous October wedding, but you might be better off just skipping to the images! I had never met Julia or Johnny before their wedding day. I walked in and casually asked the group of gentlemen standing around the front of the church if one of them was the groom. I think one or two of the groomsmen may have thought I was a total nut. And I'm okay with that. Luckily, the bride was much easier to identify! If I couldn't have recognized her from the white dress, I would have from the excitement, joy, and tears in her eyes. The rest of the day pretty much went along these same lines...excitement, tears, and joyful interactions between Julia and Johnny and those that love them. Any nerves I had about working with a couple I had only spoken with over the phone flew out the window right away! So thank you both for having me there to share in your joy! I'm going to start with some of my favorite images of Julia. As soon as I saw this light, I knew I had to take an image of her on that bench...







There were several times during the ceremony when I glanced over and saw Julia's bridesmaids wiping away tears. So sweet!



Married!

I love the sun streaming in from behind them in these next few images! I wish all of my weddings had this kind of gorgeous light!



Check out those triceps! I'm totally jealous.








I think this is a great one to end the night on! Cheers!

1 comment:

Studio Juno said...

Kelsey, your work is gorgeous, I love it! And, may I say - Julia is the cutest bride ever! I have major bride envy!