Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

11.03.2009

Johanna & Curtis - Capitol Hill Club

Ceremony: St. Peter's on Capitol Hill
Reception: Capitol Hill Club
Gown: Priscilla of Boston
Hair: Hair by Jewels
Make-up: Ana Merces
Flowers: Atelier Floral Design

As I drove to meet Johanna and Curtis on Capitol Hill, the rain just wouldn't let up. At first I'll admit that I was feeling disappointed that Johanna and Curtis wouldn't get the beautiful Fall day that I know we were all hoping for, but as soon as I saw Johanna looking gorgeous and excited to get in her gown, those kinds of thoughts just flew out the window. Johanna and Curtis didn't let the rain get them down for even one moment! They just took it all in stride, even as we discussed some last minute possibilities about where we could go for portraits (we decided on Union Station and I love the results!). I know that in the end they had the beautiful wedding day that they hoped for, and I feel very lucky that I got to be a part of it. Congratulations to you both again!








Love her hair!





Such a gorgeous church...I'm photographing another wedding here next year and I can't wait!


I know I usually post the first kiss image, but sometimes my favorite moment is actually right after the first kiss. The sheer happiness between these two is just so evident.


Getting a congratulatory hug.









I love this image of Johanna's dad hugging her at the end of their father-daughter dance!





They even had a delicious (and huge!) dessert bar downstairs that had everyone gathering for some sweets at the end of the night.


4 comments:

Bitsy said...

Thanks so much Kelsey! It was wonderful to have you with us on our big day. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the Union Station portraits!!

AsparaGus said...

Holy smokes that was beautiful! Can't believe we missed it, but we'll always remember your anniversary now since our son was born the same day! Just gorgeous. Love, Chuck, Allie, Cal, Aurea and Gus

Punk freak..!! said...

em following ur blog.. follow my blog plzz...

mesotheliomatic.blogspot.com