Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

12.10.2009

Erin & Michael - International Country Club

When I first met with Erin last May about photographing their May 2010 (that's right, I'll explain later) wedding, I think we somehow managed to talk for well over two hours. And I think only maybe 30 minutes of that time was spent talking about their wedding! So, when Erin called me up a couple of months ago and told me that she and Michael thought that May was just too far away and they'd like to move up their wedding date, I was thrilled that I would get to work with them sooner! It was beyond sweet...they just couldn't wait till the Spring to get married! I love that! And they got a gorgeous November day instead! Erin and Michael wanted to do portraits around the Jefferson Memorial, so we spent several fantastic hours there before their ceremony getting a ton of great images. I admit that I tend to avoid the monuments because of the crowds and the permits required, but those things didn't faze Erin and Michael in the least...and I'm so glad that we jumped through the necessary hoops to shoot there because I love the results! So, thank you both for suggesting the idea and for having me there for such a beautiful and fun day!






What a spot for portraits!






Erin's dad was so proud as he walked her down the aisle...look at that grin!




Here's that same proud smile during their father-daughter dance. So sweet!






The sky was amazing when we went outside!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelsey! Gorgeous photos for a gorgeous event!