Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

5.27.2010

Priscilla & Greg | Marriott Metro Center | DC wedding photography

Ceremony: Universalist National Memorial Church
Reception: Marriott Metro Center
Hair & Make-up: Carla Pressley
Flowers: Growing Wild
DJ: Kirk of Kirkabees

Get ready for a reallllllllly long blog post! Priscilla and Greg had an absolutely beautiful DC wedding with a lot of time built into their schedule for photographs...be still my heart. When these two met with me last year for their consultation, it was like meeting up with friends. We even learned that Priscilla and I share the exact same birthday, down to the year. But no, I'm not telling! And as I arrived to begin photographing the getting-ready time, it was easy to see that it was going to be a very fun day. The weather was perfect, the bride was beautiful, and the shoes were....PINK! Yay! I know they are back from their honeymoon in Maui, so enjoy you two!













Each bridesmaid wore a different pink shoe...love!






This was the cutest...

Oh yeah!


Beautiful light makes me happy!

And perhaps my favorite image from the day. I caught a single frame through Priscilla's veil as she quickly arranged it before the ceremony. I love the slightly nervous look of anticipation on her face.



The church was beautiful...and very dark!






The limo accidentally ran off on us, so we grabbed a couple quick portraits right outside the church as we waited for it to return.


Then it was off to Senate Park for some more photographs.

The light was amazing!

And I can't help but be curious as to what Greg said to Priscilla between this image and the next one...













This groomsman was hilarious!!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

. said...

Ok miss lady!! Your ring shots are to die for!!! I LOVE all of these images as always! you rock.. just beautiful! congrats to an amazing couple!

Studio Juno said...

Kelsey, I think you really outdid yourself this time :)