Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

6.03.2010

Reaghan and Jordi's post-wedding session in Georgetown | DC wedding photography

I'm just going to start by saying how much I LOVE post-wedding sessions! Let's face it, most wedding days are rushed and go by very quickly. I always get less time with a couple than I had for their engagement session...and that makes me sad. The very best portraits are not made in 15 minutes at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The best light is in those last two hours before sunset. But that's not always convenient on a wedding day. I get that. And that's one of the main reasons that I adore "day-after" or "post-wedding" sessions. The other reason is that I get to spend more time with my awesome couples! And it was truly a pleasure to spend more time with Reaghan and Jordi. We laughed. A lot. We had fun. And we got some more great images that I cannot wait to put into their album! Thank you both for walking around Georgetown with me in your wedding clothes and putting up with all the extra stares and "congratulations" from passers-by!







Now that's what I call light. Gorgeous!



I know this pose looks serious, and yes, we have some serious ones too, but I love that laugh from Jordi!

Okay, maybe a tiny bit cheesy. But when I saw the graffiti heart on the wall, I couldn't resist.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful pictures! I love all the colors!

Cicely said...

Killer bridge shot at the end!!