Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

6.21.2010

Debbie & Dave | Chesapeake Bay Beach Club | MD wedding photographer

Ceremony and Reception: Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
Flowers: Petals and Promises
DJ: Absolute Entertainment

I know I probably say this way too often, but I really love what I do! Debbie and Dave's wedding day was another perfect example of why. Here are a few of my favorite things from their day:

- Debbie's dress. Let's face it, I'm a girl. I love wedding gowns. And when I saw the elegant lines of Debbie's dress, I just had to stop and stare for a moment. And it fit it her to perfection!

- The fun nautical themed details that I'm sure took a ton of time and planning. With their ceremony facing the Bay, this theme was soooo fitting. And I loved how they carried the theme through in so many places, from sand dollars and starfish on the card table to rope knots on the ceremony chairs to the great navy and white striped ties that the men were wearing. So much fun!

- The fist pump by Dave. Just scroll down, you'll see.






What a view!






The fist pump. Love it.












This moment makes me smile.







Congrats you two!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Love them... again! You are awesome!

Chris Rioux said...

Wow, Beautiful! Great moments, great job!