Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

7.01.2010

Meg & Stu | River Plantation | St. Michaels, MD wedding photography

Ceremony: St. Michaels Mission Church
Reception: River Plantation
Make-up: Kim Reyes
Hair: Hair by Jewels
Coordinator: HJ Planners
Band: Black Tie Band

If you follow the blog, you might remember Meg and Stu from their engagement session last Fall. I have been looking forward to their wedding for months and months! Meg and Stu had a fantastic attention to detail with their planning that made this one spectacular day. This was my first wedding out in the St. Michaels area, and it was a blast looking for fun spots to photograph! I love shooting in new places! They started and finished the day at River Plantation, which is a total gem, right on the waterfront and complete with winding driveways, split-rail fences, and lush green areas galore. As a result, I may have gone a little overboard with the number of images below. But I'm sure you won't mind when you see what I'm talking about. Meg and Stu, thank you so much for having me there to photograph your beautiful wedding day! Enjoy!









This could be one of my absolute favorite series of a bride and her dad walking down the aisle. Check out her dad's expression in each image!



Such a great church to photograph...the light was perfect!




A quick moment to themselves before we headed off for photos...

As soon as I spotted this building, I knew we had to stop! (I think it was an old lumber mill...too fun!)

A special thanks to their fantastic bridal party for putting up with the 90+ degree heat and making it look this good!




Meg slipped inside for a quick hair change with the talented Julie Jackson and then we headed back out for some more photos.


I loved Meg's hair piece...stunning!




This was the scene inside the tent when we returned...the yellow lanterns just popped!














Meg slipped into a little something more comfortable for the rest of the reception and I LOVE Stu's expression in this one! Too funny!



4 comments:

. said...

Love it! She has such a clean and beautiful color pallet! I LOVE her bridesmaid dresses! I would totally wear that any day! Too cute. Great job as always my dear!

Studio Juno said...

These are so beautiful and the couple is so cute! I love all her freckles :) It looks like it was just an absolutely gorgeous day full of fun and love - you did an awesome job!

Newlife said...

You totally captured Megan and Stuart's spirit. Love the photos.

Tracy said...

These are beautiful, Kelsey. As always, I particularly love your portraits and ring shot. Absolutely perfect!!