Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

7.25.2010

Christy & Billy | Airlie Center | VA wedding photography

Ceremony and reception: Airlie Center
Flowers: J. Morris Flowers
DJ: Mark with Harmany DJs

Christy and Billy were married this July at the beautiful Airlie Center in Warrenton. Their day was so full of smiles, I could barely believe it as I went back through their images. It was actually very difficult to find an image where Christy, Billy, or their families didn't have huge grins on their faces...I LOVE that! And to top things off...did I mention how gorgeous the grounds are around the Airlie House? Our portrait time went by waaaaay too quickly! The three of us were actually still running around the gardens just moments before their first dance trying to grab a few last shots. Thank you both so much for having me there! I was so happy to be a part of your day!




After some contemplation, I decided that their gorgeous rings didn't need anything else in the image. They are classic perfection!

The sheer happiness on Christy's face makes me smile every time I see this photo.



And this was the reaction of Christy's brother when he saw her ready in her gown.












One of my favorites of the day!

Or maybe this one. I'm torn! The light was beautiful and these two were so happy!






The reception was held in Airlie's open-air pavilion.







And one last great smile to end the night on!

2 comments:

Hope said...

All of the pictures of Christy and Billys wedding were pieces of art. The lighting and backgrounds were perfect. What a beautiful wedding!

Chris Rioux said...

Beautiful! Simply Stunning work! Great Job!