Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

8.23.2010

Robin & Jim | Westin Annapolis | MD wedding photography

Ceremony: St. Anne's Parish
Reception: The Westin
Flowers: Sandi's
DJ: Chris Laich

Whew, I'm finally back from vacation and SO excited to share Robin and Jim's gorgeous wedding day! I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Robin and Jim until their wedding day, but I could tell from our phone conversations that they were going to be a very fun and laid-back couple. What I didn't know is that they were also going to be super sweet in front of the camera! I would have loved to photograph them for hours! They were just so into each other that the cute moments never stopped. Love that! As if that weren't enough to make for an awesome day...the ballroom at the Westin in Annapolis was beautiful and decked out in what I can only imagine must be Robin's favorite color...purple! I absolutely love what good uplighting does for reception photos. Thank you both for being so great and having me there to capture it all for you!




Check out Robin's eyes! Crazy-beautiful!

One of my favorite captures from the day...hehe!




It was a LONG aisle and the smile on Jim's face lasted every moment that it took Robin and her dad to walk down it.


This one makes me giggle every time I see it, so I had to include it!




We walked around Annapolis for a few minutes right after their ceremony to grab some quick portraits and I have to say that sun cooperated beautifully and gave us some of the most gorgeous light I've had all year!


These large old photographs were at the end of a parking lot...too fun!

Jim's face would just light up with this great grin whenever he looked at Robin.








At least half of their first-dance photos have them giving each other these exact same huge smiles. Love that!


Robin's parents surprised everyone with some Irish step dancing during dinner. This group was seriously good!






What a perfect moment to end the night on! I almost bowled down a waiter to grab this one when I saw them kissing in the middle of the dance floor! (No waiters were harmed in the making of this image.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! St. Anne's is my home church too and it's neat to see it through the view of a lens. Love the purple and the little girls modeling by the mirror : )