Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

8.27.2010

Emily & Andrew | Private Farm | West Virginia wedding photgraphy

Ceremony : Mt. Moriah Church
Reception: Private Family Farm in West Virginia
Flowers: Jack Lucky
Band: Project Orange
Planner: Anne Kelley with Atrendy Wedding

I don't even know where to begin to describe Emily and Andrew's stunning wedding day! A beautiful and breezy 85 degree August day set the stage for their amazing West Virginia country wedding. When I arrived, the tent was already up, the flowers were in place and looking perfect, and Emily was inside just beaming and enjoying her family and friends. Now that's the way to start a wedding day! I had the pleasure of working with Anne Kelley of Atrendy Wedding and she and her team had everything looking beyond perfect! (My jaw dropped a little when I walked into the tent for the first time. Seriously.) But, I'm getting ahead of myself. You may remember Emily and Andrew from their engagement session this spring. These two are absolutely made for each other. During the toasts, Andrew spoke of why he loves Emily, and while I don't remember his exact wording (which is WAY better than mine), he said that Emily is at home in any situation with him, from the grandest of galas to roughing it in the country. I love that! Needless to say, it was an amazing party and I was so happy to be there to capture it all for them. Congratulations you two! Enjoy!




Emily and her bridesmaids looked like they stepped out of a magazine!

A special thanks to Michelle for taking this one of the guys while I was shooting with the ladies!

This little church is so cute! It only fit about 70 people, so the rest of the guests watched from outside. (And I photographed from the doorway!)




Married!



Love this one of Emily rockin' it in the chair in the middle of the road!

Andrew REALLY wanted to carry Emily over a threshold, but there was none to be found, so he scooped her up anyway!




We traveled between the ceremony and reception in horse-drawn carriages. Too fun!









I love the little details at cocktail hour!


See what I mean about the tent?!?!


The long tables were lined with flower arrangements down the center. I don't think I've ever seen so many beautiful flowers!


And each was in a unique antique-looking vase. Love this!




Emily and Andrew ordered the fine-art guestbook from their engagement session. It was a huge hit!








The band totally rocked! This was a serious party!






5 comments:

Studio Juno said...

Kelsey, I am so stunned that I am speechless! Simply amazing - you are an artist with light!

Kristi said...

I love these!

Tracy said...

Wow. Beautiful portraits as always! This wedding was gorgeous. I love all their unique details!

Procopio Photography said...

I love so many of these! Killer band shot and the dancing under the human arch. Rad.

clippingimages said...

sweet couple and outstanding photography. the color of the bride mates dresses are so nice.