Welcome to the k. thompson photography blog! I’m Kelsey Thompson, a documentary-style wedding photographer in the Washington, DC metro area. I work and reside in Alexandria, Virginia with my two cute and crazy dogs and my husband (also cute and crazy).

This photography blog will be the best place for you to view images from my recent weddings and portrait sessions. It’s also where I’ll announce new products and share my thoughts about weddings, photography, and the amazing couples that I feel so lucky to work with year-round!

So please check back often and leave a comment when you read (I love comments!). And, as always, please feel free to shoot me an email with any thoughts, comments or questions you might have. Enjoy!

9.22.2010

Hayden & Mike | National Museum of Women in the Arts | DC wedding photography

Ceremony: St. Peter's Catholic Church on Capitol Hill
Reception: National Museum of Women in the Arts
Flowers: Da Vinci's
Catering: Heidi with R&R Catering
Planner: Rebecca with Wish Special Events

I can honestly tell you that I was looking forward to Hayden and Mike's day from the moment I met with Hayden a year ago. Her excitement rubbed off on me within the first few minutes we started talking! I could easily picture the elegant set-up that she described when she told me about the reception they were planning at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. I have to say that the venue was a perfect choice for their vision! Just wait till you see the results! Swoon! It was a beautiful day from beginning to end and I am so excited to finally share some of my favorite images! Hayden and Mike, thank you for having me there! And congratulations again!!!!






Check out how the look on Hayden's face is mirrored on Mike's face in the next image! So sweet!




I love this one of them checking out their wedding bands in the limo right after the ceremony!

These ladies rocked it!


They were such a fun group!

And the men were pretty cool too. :)



I think we were one of three or four bridal parties in the park that day...but Hayden and Mike were totally engrossed in each other and nothing else...love it!

The light was gorgeous...and you know how much I love great light!










Can I just say how much I love toasts?!?! The emotion that comes out never fails to make me smile (and sometimes tear-up too).


Had to end on this great dessert bar!



And chocolate and diamonds...yum! What a great combo!

4 comments:

Kim said...

LOVELY! what a super cute couple! i love the shots in front of the capital and the greenery.. gorgeous.

sbstern said...

Amazing work Kelsey, you did a fantastic job! My favorite is the shot of them in front of the capitol - so beautiful!

Tracy said...

As always, Kelsey, these are absolutely beautiful. I love all of the portraits and detail shots. Fabulous work!!

astrid Woltering said...

these are beautiful! you did an amazing job!